A tribute to Bob Hope - and thanks to his memories

Everytime I read something that pays a tribute to the middle ages or to the Seniors - I upload it on my Blog - so here is a tribute to a man who made us laugh and even when we think about him - we smile and feel happy.


BOB HOPE - May 29, 1903 to July 27, 2003

  • ON TURNING 70 - "You still chase women, but only downhill".
  • ON TURNING 80 - "That's the time of your life when even your birthday suit needs pressing."
  • ON TURNING 90 - "You know you're getting old when the candles cost more than the cake."
  • ON TURNING 100 - " I don't feel old. In fact I don't feel anything until noon . Then it's time for my nap."
  • ON GIVING UP HIS EARLY CAREER, BOXING - "I ruined my hands in the ring ... the referee kept stepping on them."
  • ON NEVER WINNING AN OSCAR - "Welcome to the Academy Awards or, as it's called at my home, 'Passover'."
  • ON GOLF - "Golf is my profession. Show business is just to pay the green fees."
  • ON PRESIDENTS - " I have performed for 12 presidents and entertained only six."
  • ON WHY HE CHOSE SHOWBIZ FOR HIS CAREER - " When I was born, the doctor said to my mother, 'Congratulations. You have an eight-pound ham."
  • ON RECEIVING THE CONGRESSIONAL GOLD MEDAL - "I feel very humble, but I think I have the strength of character to fight it."
  • ON HIS FAMILY'S EARLY POVERTY - "Four of us slept in the one bed. When it got cold, mother threw on another brother."
  • ON HIS SIX BROTHERS - "That's how I learned to dance. Waiting for the bathroom."
  • ON HIS EARLY FAILURES - " I would not have had anything to eat if it wasn't for the stuff the audience threw at me."
  • ON GOING TO HEAVEN - "I've done benefits for ALL religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JULIE ANDREW'S 69TH BIRTHDAY SONG

In memory of a very dear friend - SUNITEE SONDHI

George Carlin's Views on Aging