Some good advice - specially for the days you feel down - ( those days seem to be growing in number , aren't they ? )
- Throw out nonessential numbers - this includes age, weight, and height. Let the doctors worry about them.. That is why you pay them.
- Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.
(Keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches!)
- Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever.
Never let the brain get idle.
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!
- Enjoy the simple things
- Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.
And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with him or her!
- The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on.
The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourself.
LIVE while you are alive.
- Surround yourself with what you love:
Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever.
Your home is your refuge.
- Cherish your health:
If it is good, preserve it.
If it is unstable, improve it.
If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
- Don't take guilt trips.
Take a trip to the mall, even to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.
- Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.