JULIE ANDREW'S 69TH BIRTHDAY SONG

Julie Andrew's 69th birthday song


To commemorate her 69th birthday on October 1, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.

One of the musical numbers she performed was "My Favorite Things"
from the legendary movie Sound Of Music.

Here are the lyrics she used:

Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts and hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak,
When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pains, confused brains, and no fear of sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache,
When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.

(She received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores!)

Comments

Unknown said…
is there anywhere i can actually download or buy the actual song with these lyrics please. I would love to sing, but dare not make frighten my 60 year old friends anymore. please help me
OC Gardener said…
Cute song, but the anecdote is untrue. Check Snopes.
Unknown said…
She didn't really sing yhis. It's a hoax. She actually lost most of her singing voice in 1997 due to a botched surgery to remove polyps from her vocal cords.

Popular posts from this blog

George Carlin's Views on Aging

The 7th Decade - is it really so different ?